There are many ways you can boost restaurant sales by thinking outside the box. With the rise of food delivery services, getting customers through your door can be hard. However, it’s not impossible and implementing these 5 top tips will help.
1. Increase Your Table Turnover Rate While Minimising Costs
One way to boost restaurant sales is to increase the table turnover rate. That means more customers are served, and fewer customers will be found dining in your restaurant at one particular time, which leaves more space for other customers.
This strategy will boost sales by creating a higher demand for food and drinks and reducing the staff required to keep tables turning over quickly.
Here are a few tricks to increase your restaurant’s turnover rates:
- Maintain a consistent flow of service – Try to keep staff shifts to maximum hours. It will boost customer satisfaction, reduce staff turnover rates and decrease the cost per service by reducing overheads such as training costs.
- Update your dining area – A boost in comfort and style will attract growth in customers. That’s because it offers a better experience to enjoy their meal while increasing return visits.
- Incorporate self-serving kiosks – This technology helps increase your table turnover rate by allowing customers to get food themselves instead of waiting or getting distracted from staff. It will boost your restaurant’s efficiency by reducing the staff needed to maintain a high service demand. 95% of owners agree that technology increases company efficiency; what else could you ask for?
- Having a well-designed seating arrangement – This will also boost restaurant sales. That’s because it will reduce the time customers spend waiting for seating, allowing them to eat faster. You can also reduce the number of dishes on your menu by eliminating any non-essentials. This action will reduce the amount of staff needed to maintain a large menu and cuts costs.
2. Getting New Customers to Your Restaurant
Attracting new consumers is one method of increasing your customer base, and it’s no secret that restaurants need more people to succeed. Some ways you can attract new customers are:
- Use marketing strategies – Boost restaurant sales by using attractive ads and social media campaigns. You can use this method to target specific demographics, such as families with young children or individuals in certain age groups.
- Offer discounts and loyalty programs – This approach will boost customer frequency and grow your revenue because more people will visit your restaurant regularly. Additionally, offering loyalty rewards for frequent customers will enhance customer visits and boost restaurant sales.
- Improve customer service – It’s critical to offer excellent customer support to keep clients and eventually boost income. Excellent service will also encourage customers to return and try new dishes and drinks at your establishment.
- Create a unique experience – Creating special events or hosting live music can boost the overall appeal of your restaurant. These perks make for a more memorable experience, which can increase customer satisfaction and boost your restaurant’s sales.
- Create a fantastic and affordable menu – The quality of food served at your establishment will entice new customers and retain existing ones coming back for more. Try to offer unique and affordable dishes from other restaurants to stand out from the crowd.
3. Create and Maintain an Online Presence
Being present on social media platforms and having a website are powerful ways to boost restaurant sales. An online presence will improve your credibility in the eyes of consumers while making it easier for people to find you. You can maintain a social media presence for your restaurant by:
- Utilising social media platforms – Boost sales by having a restaurant’s Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Such authority online will help advertise deals and events to promote business.
- Focusing on the quality of photos used – Consumers are more likely to follow your account if you post high-quality images, they would want to share with their friends. Try driving traffic through your social media pages by sharing links to your website and other online platforms.
- Create a restaurant website – Grow your sales with an attractive, informative site to increase customer satisfaction. Such a website will boost loyalty because it offers more information about your establishment than other platforms. Make sure its design is simple yet visually appealing not to distract visitors from the content. You can use Google Analytics to track KPIs like the number of sessions, bounce rate, or time spent on a page to assess the success of your content strategy.
4. Design a Reward Program for Your Customers
You can boost restaurant sales by creating a customer loyalty rewards program, which will provide incentives for your customers to keep coming back. It’s an effective way to boost customer satisfaction and visits because people want the benefits of participating in such a plan.
You can design various reward programs depending on what you feel would be most beneficial:
- Offer discounts – Enhance restaurant sales by offering loyalty rewards that reduce the price of appetisers, entrees, and desserts. Customers will likely visit your establishment regularly if they know it’s affordable.
- Host events – Improve customer satisfaction with special events or parties where patrons can earn points towards free food. Hosting events is an effective way to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty because your customers will feel like they’re a part of something.
- Attempt to get involved in your local neighbourhood – Grow your customer frequency by offering a loyalty rewards program through the local library or community centre. This helps boost restaurant sales because you’ll get more face-time with customers who may otherwise have little opportunity to visit your establishment.
5. Take Advantage of Internet Orders
Boost online sales by offering an option to order food directly from your website. Diners have a lot of alternative dining locations at their disposal. To increase the likelihood of clients picking your restaurant, you’ll need to make it simpler for consumers to select you over other businesses.
You can clear the lines out your door by offering online ordering. With this, guests will not have to wait around just to be served. Besides, this method enables your kitchen and staff to do more orders in less time, allowing them to serve more customers.
The ability to order through an app is another way that consumers can get in touch with you. Your visitors want a simple dining experience, not one that requires lots of effort. They’ll do so right from their computers or smartphones, making you more discoverable online.
It’s easier than you think to boost restaurant sales and customer satisfaction. By incorporating these five tips into your business, you’ll see an increase in the frequency of visits from loyal customers who you’re your establishment. All it takes is a little time and effort on the front end for some significant gains down the line!
These easy-to-implement ideas will help ensure that every guest has a great experience with you no matter how many times they visit or what type of food they order.
If you liked this blog, why not check out some of our other blogs