The hospitality industry is one of the sectors that is being hit the hardest by the COVID-19 global pandemic. In order to survive these unprecedented times, hospitality companies are adapting and making changes like never before.
One of those changes is the use of DIRECTorder consumer apps. These apps allow customers to order their food and drinks directly from their mobile devices.
During the pandemic, this became particularly handy because customers can order directly from their phone without having to touch menus that have been touched by others or even come into contact with any other humans.
The case for DIRECTorder consumer apps
- There are currently 5.19 billion unique mobile users around the globe
- When people are using mobile devices, 91% of the time, they are on apps
- 66% of mobile users aged 16-64 report using shopping/retail mobile applications
Benefits of DirectOrder consumer apps
- Customers have more flexibility. They can order in advance for click-and-collect style takeaways and have a quick and convenient way to get their meals.
- Businesses can increase customer loyalty by providing special offers to their customers directly using their app. Push notifications, email campaigns, voucher codes, and in-app banners are a few of the ways that businesses can use DIRECTorder consumer apps to build brand loyalty and increase sales.
- Directions can be provided within the app, making it easy for the customer to get to the venue.
- Using a DIRECTorder consumer app speeds up service by allowing the order to be sent directly from the app to the kitchen. By taking out the middle man, service times are greatly improved.
- DIRECTorder consumer apps reduce mistakes because instead of relying on wait staff to write down the order correctly, the customer makes the order themselves in the app. They can customise their order precisely to their liking without worrying about instructions becoming lost or seeming too demanding.
- The app is an easy way to present upsets and cross-sells.
- Apps are better for the environment because it reduces the need to print menus or special offers.
- Businesses can understand their customers better than ever before, thanks to analytics and insights into customer behaviour.
- Contact-free payment makes paying quick and convenient and allows customers to continue social distancing.
- Customers no longer have to wait around for the waitstaff to bring the cheque, then take their payment and return credit cards or change. With DIRECTorder consumer apps, payment becomes quick, and customers can pay with the touch of a button and be on their way. Less wait times translate to bigger tips for waitstaff and higher rates of customer satisfaction.
- Customers can provide immediate feedback using apps. This allows restaurants to custom-tailor their menus and restaurant experiences based on said feedback.
- Customers no longer have to wait in line to have their orders taken, instead, they place them using the app whenever they want. Customers don’t have to be put on hold and have their patience wear thin as they wait for somebody to take their order.
- Ordering ahead gives customers the convenience of simply picking up their meals and being on their way on even the busiest of days.
- Restaurants can handle more orders when customers use DIRECTorder consumer apps. Some restaurants have even claimed that they are managing up to six more orders every hour when they are made via a mobile app since nobody has to stop what they are doing, take the order, chat with the table and then take the order back to the kitchen.
- Businesses can lure customers into popping in and ordering a bite with geo-location targeting and push notifications. If an app user is close to the restaurant, the app will automatically send a push notification, sometimes even giving the customer a special promotion or discount.
With many restaurants adopting DIRECTorder consumer apps, the concept of phone order has taken a backseat. Customers may have been reluctant or unsure about using their phones to order from a restaurant in the past.
But, if the pandemic has taught us one thing, it’s the value of being able to have services on-demand and access them from anywhere, at any time. In our post-lockdown world, being able to use mobile devices to limit contact with the outside world is desired by customers everywhere.
The benefits that DIRECTorder consumer apps bring to both businesses and customers means that this kind of technology is sure to stick around for years to come.